After you have downloaded Cygwin and installed with the C++ compiler and make utility, it is easy to set it as the C++ compiler for Netbeans.
- Launch Netbeans
- From the menu, go to Tools->Options->C/C++
- In the tool collection, click on Add
- We will have a Windows similar to the above
- In the base directory, set it as C:\Cygwin\bin
- From the drop down menu in Tool Collection Familly, we select the latest version 4.0.
- Our last steps are to add the g++.exe as our compiler, set the make utility and gdb as our debugger as show in the screenshot below.
- Once these are done, our compiler should be properly set.
- We will perform a simple test in the next post.