If you have already downloaded Netbeans, make sure that you are using the all bundle option that includes the C++ development environment.
Else download it from netbeans.org/downloads/
C++ compiler is not included in Netbeans and so we need to download Cygwin. Cygwin is a Unix-like environment and command-line interface for Microsoft Windows.
With Cygwin, it is possible to launch Windows applications from the Cygwin environment, as well as to use Cygwin tools and applications within the Windows operating context. C++ compiler tool is included in Cygwin. We need the g++ and the make utility included in Cygwin.
- Download setup-x86.exe from cygwin.
- Launch cygwin installation
- In the Cygwin setup->Choose Installation Type, Choose Install From Internet
- In the Select Root Install Directory
- Use the default directory C:\Cygwin
- In the Select Local Package Directory, use the default directory setting
- In the Select Your Internet Connection, use the default Direct Connection
- In the Choose A Download Site, select a site that is nearest to your country
- After clicking Next, you should see the following screenshot where you would need to choose the C++ compiler.
- We need the g++ compiler, the make utility and the gdb debugger.
- Expand the Devel and scroll down to look for g++ compiler
- Scroll down again to look for make utility, click on the skip word to install it.
- It is better now to also install the debugger, look for gdb and click on skip to install.
- Now you have the Cygwin and its C++ tools and compiler installed in your PC.